Re: Microdata design philosophies

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 18:30:20 -0500
To: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua@xn--mlform-iua.no>
Cc: martin@weborganics.co.uk, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, public-html@w3.org
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 6:18 PM, Leif Halvard Silli
> I think it is brilliant that, after having tested his proposal on some
> users/authors, Ian almost introduced a microdata prefix. (And  just now, he
> also dropped the DNS URIs/reversed domains.)  With enough time with the
> testers, then perhaps he landed on RDFa. :-)

To be honest, I feel that Microdata is really just "RDFa with a better
syntax".  At this point I think the two can express the exact same
sets of data.  The only thing 'missing' in Microdata that RDFa has is
datatyping individual properties, which Ian recently addressed (he
said that he doesn't believe it's necessary, but can be introduced in
the future if it turns out to be sufficiently useful).

~TJ