Infinite loop? (was HTML Working Group Decision Policy - for discussion)

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 11:24:07 -0500
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Cc: Paul Cotton <Paul.Cotton@microsoft.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Steve Faulkner <sfaulkner@paciellogroup.com>, Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>, Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Hi Maciej,

I've been reading the HTML Working Group Decision Policy process
document [1] as you suggested.

Unless I an reading this wrong, it seems that an infinite loop is
possible if or when 7.b [1] occurs and a HTML Working Group decision
overrules an Editor's response.

Is it possible for an issue tagged "WG Decision" to circle around
infinitely with multiple RE-escalations/working group
decisions/overrules if the editor does not agree with or understand
the working group decision?

What happens if a decided issue is tagged as "WG Decision"; is
reopened in Bugzilla as in step 10 [2]; and then the editor does not
implement the working group decision?

Will having no ending step that directly implements the working
group's decision be problematic?

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Laura