RE: [minutes] 20091008 HTML Working Group call

I wanted to reiterate my concern about the Editor's Response section.
I think it is reasonable for a spec diff to refer to more than one bug
(it's not an uncommon practice to resolve multiple issues with one
check-in). What I think would be problematic would be having to go
through the logs trying to figure out which check-in refers to a bug
that is fixed but has no associated diff.

As this process becomes the normal modus operandi for the working
group, the number if bugs is likely to increase and doing this
searching will become harder. Let's try to resolve the technical
issues called out in the decision policy document as soon as possible.

Cheers,

Adrian.

On Thursday, October 08, 2009 12:21 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:
> Available at
>   http://www.w3.org/2009/10/08-html-wg-minutes.html
[snip]
>    Adrian: editor response section. spec diff, we have some technical
>    issues regarding spec diff.
>
>    <masinter> and if so... is it also a goal to insure that changes to
>    the spec which are not in response to comments also are reviewed by
>    the working group?
>
>    Maciej: Ian mentioned that he has multiple changes queued up, so
>    difficult to put it the exact revision number. we'll address that by
>    making sure somebody develops a tool, or volunteers to produce the
>    information.
>
>    Adrian: concerned about going through the spec for changes...
>
>    Maciej: you'll go throught the logs
>
>    Adrian: it's fine if the checkin addresses more than one issue, but
>    concerned if there is no link.
>
>    Maicje: we'll refine the process/responses as we go
[snip]