Re: ISSUE-55: Re-enable @profile in HTML5 (draft 1)

From: Smylers <Smylers@stripey.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 12:15:27 +0100
To: Manu Sporny <msporny@digitalbazaar.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Maciej Stachowiak writes:

> On Oct 12, 2009, at 1:13 AM, Jonas Sicking wrote:
> > I was thinking about the per-subtree-version-indicator when I wrote
> > my post. While I agree that it makes it easier for content producers
> > that produce a snippet of markup, it adds significant complexity to
> > the language. Just look at the amount of complexity xml:base or
> > xmlns produce.
> I agree, it can be complicated to process a document with mixed
> versions, if versioning triggers different processing. But if you have
> global versioning only, then you can't safely use the versioned
> feature syndication feeds or mashups.

If entirely different attribute names are used for an incompatible
second version then you avoid complexity of mark-up's meaning changing
by wrapped by an element with a particular indicator.

Effectively that would make RDFa2 be a different language from RDFa1,
just as each of them are different from microdata.  There will be no
conflict, because user agents won't have to know they are in any way