Re: HTML Working Group Decision Policy - for discussion

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Oct 2009 17:43:20 -0700
Cc: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>

On Oct 7, 2009, at 12:32 PM, Philippe Le Hegaret wrote:

> [[
> The group SHOULD set a time limit for acknowledgment by a reviewer of
> the group's substantive response; a reviewer cannot block a group's
> progress. It is common for a reviewer to require a week or more to
> acknowledge and comment on a substantive response. The group's
> responsibility to respond to reviewers does not end once a reasonable
> amount of time has elapsed. However, reviewers SHOULD realize that
> their
> comments will carry less weight if not sent to the group in a timely
> manner.
> ]]
>
> This is left undefined in the current draft. Step 2 doesn't have the
> boilerplate statement that will advise the commenter. The expectation
> here would be to have a timeout (2 weeks is acceptable in general).

I've also had feedback from several people outside the mailing list
that there should be a time limit after which we assume we're not
going to get a response. Does everyone agree that this is reasonable?
If so, I'll add a 2 week waiting period (or longer, if people want) to
the policy.

Regards,
Maciej