RE: HTML interpreter vs. HTML user agent

About Safari's feed reader, Maciej wrote:

> 2) We can also display a user-selected collection of feeds as one
> document, again displayed as HTML.
> 3) We don't execute any script that came from the feed in the context
> of generated HTML document. At the very least due to point #2 this
> would be insecure.
> 4) We don't let any web page access the contents of the generated HTML
> document via script.

Doesn't this somehow create a "restricted HTML" which is allowed in
a feed? The HTML in a feed can't be scripted at all? Or the scripts
can't access the HTML of their subsection?

I was wondering how HTML-in-webmail could work, since the HTML of
the mail needs to be embedded in the HTML of the webmail client itself.

Where in the HTML spec is this addressed?

Larry
--
http://larry.masinter.net