Re: Design Principles, Section 1.6.1 relationship to HTML 4.01

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 20:01:38 -0700
Cc: "Dailey, David P." <david.dailey@sru.edu>, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>, Leif Halvard Silli <lhs@malform.no>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>

On May 30, 2009, at 7:23 PM, Larry Masinter wrote:

>> Can you be specific about which statements you believe are untrue?
>
> I think my post:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009May/0303.html
>
> explicitly called out:
>
> " This document describes the set of guiding principles
>  used by the HTML Working Group for the development of HTML5."
>
> in combination with the body of the "this document", and
> I suggested an alternative wording for the abstract which,
> I thought, you had agreed to.

I'd be glad to adjust the introductory materials once we've done more
revision of the contents to more accurately reflect the sense of the
group. I can also agree with making it more clear that this isn't the
exclusive list of the only design principles anyone will ever follow,
though I think it goes without saying that no enumeration of
principles can capture all possible nuances.

I thought you had in some statements that are clearly factually
inaccurate.

Regards,
Maciej