Re: minutes: HTML WG Weekly 21 May 2009 [draft]

From: Charles McCathieNevile <chaals@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 01:14:53 +0200
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, "Sam Ruby" <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Cc: "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Mon, 25 May 2009 00:39:58 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
wrote:

> I don't object to what was said, I objected to Chaals saying "the group
> has no plan to take this any further" and therefore I shouldn't do
> anything, and then Laura agreeing with him. I don't think the group has
> made such a decision.

Sorry. Given that I am nothing more than a participant, I didn't assume
you would interpret any statement of mine about what the group intends as
a declaration of consensus.

I was in fact stating my personal opinion about what should happen to the
document, which is that (in the apparent absence of clear consensus to
continue, and at least some objection) we should park it as per W3C
process for discontinued work - with the obvious implication that I think
it should be discontinued.

I offered that approach as one that would be easier than trying to fix it
- perhaps my email was too short to be understood.

apologies

Chaals