Re: "Technical specification"

On Thu, 21 May 2009 17:04:14 +0200, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 21 May 2009 16:43:12 +0200, Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org> wrote:
>> (Separate threads for separate topics)
>>
>> I was using the term "Technical Specification" in the
>> RFC 2026 (IETF BCP 9) section 3 sense, see thread starting with
>> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Dec/0105.html.

It is not clear to me how you arrive at the statement in that email that error handling somehow belongs in an "AS" while BCP 9 clearly says that a "TS" may define *all* the relevant aspects of its subject. Also, the HTML WG is certainly not the first WG to do things this way. See e.g. CSS or SVG.

Furthermore, the W3C as its own guidelines on specifications:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/

Which also addresses error handling:

  http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/#error

--