Re: "Technical specification"

On Thu, 21 May 2009, Larry Masinter wrote:

> I was using the term "Technical Specification" in the RFC 2026 (IETF BCP
> 9) section 3 sense, see thread starting with
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Dec/0105.html.
>
> I think it was a good discussion, and helped clarify the role of
> traditional language specifications vs. documents that mandate
> implementation behavior.

The conclusion of that thread appears to be:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2008Dec/0127.html

...which as far as I can tell you did not respond to, so I presume you
agree with it. If so, it seems strange that you would suddenly go back to
saying that HTML5 is not a "Technical Specification" or that it should be
one. What exactly is your position here? I don't understand.

Furthermore, as Anne says, as far as I can tell HTML5 meets the
definitions of both TS and AS as described by RFC2026, and I don't see
how this has anything to do with the title anyway.