Re: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2009-05-21

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 10:22:02 -0400
To: Larry Masinter <LMM@acm.org>
CC: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Larry Masinter wrote:

> I also agree with Roy's assessment [1] that the document is named
> incorrectly and should not be released with the current name. I'm less
> concerned about what it is exactly renamed TO, my requirement is that it be
> clear that it the document is not a "Technical Specification" of a
> "HyperText Markup Language".

It is a Technical Specification.  And certain is of or about a
"HyperText Markup Language".  There are a number of ways in which it
goes beyond that.  If the title and abstract were to accurately reflect
that, Roy's objection would evaporate.

I don't see this as something we need to resolve now, particularly given
the rate at which sections are being added and split off.  But it is
something we need to address prior to Last Call.

- Sam Ruby