Re: Shrinking HTML5 some more — Anne’s Weblog

On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:25:24 +0200, Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:05:07 +0200, Julian Reschke
>> <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>>>
>>> Please elaborate.
>>  The reasons why LEIRIs is not a solution are:
>>    1) URL character encoding flag (affects the query component)
>
> That's a special case for HTML, and I think it should be handled over
> there.

It affects some APIs as well (e.g. window.location). This is one the main
reasons HTML5 has a separate URL section. If we do not want such a section
we need to address it elsewhere.

>>   3) Potential other differences between LEIRIs and URLs
>
> And these we obviously would need to check. So which are these? (Given
> the fact, that the specification of LEIRIs is work-in-progress)

I don't know.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/