Re: Shrinking HTML5 some more — Anne’s Weblog

Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Mar 2009 12:05:07 +0200, Julian Reschke
> <julian.reschke@gmx.de> wrote:
>> Anne van Kesteren wrote:
>>>  LEIRIs are not a solution.
>>
>> Please elaborate.
>
> The reasons why LEIRIs is not a solution are:
>
>   1) URL character encoding flag (affects the query component)

That's a special case for HTML, and I think it should be handled over there.

>   2) IRI normalization requirement for non-Unicode

That's something I think should be fixed in the IRI spec.

>   3) Potential other differences between LEIRIs and URLs

And these we obviously would need to check. So which are these? (Given
the fact, that the specification of LEIRIs is work-in-progress)

BR, Julian