Re: Summary of Thursday's IRC conversation about @summary

On 2009-06-25 Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:

>1. Do you think that @summary, as it has been used over the past 10
>years, actually has increased the accessibility for any group of
>people on the web? And I don't mean that it could if used correctly
>(next question is about that), but in the actual usage it has seen in
>the past, has helped with accessibility?

Short answer: Yes.

I can give you specific examples of pages that I've authored,
one I noted here:

<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Feb/0535.html>

(and I don't buy Ian's description of this being "harmful" to
non-AT users as non-AT users can see, from a glance, even with
images turned off, the data sort method)

Regards,

-Steve

--
Steve Axthelm