Re: Input on the agenda

On Tue, Jun 23, 2009 at 3:03 PM, Ian Hickson<ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jun 2009, Shelley Powers wrote:
>>
>> But seems to me it would be more useful for you to actually attend these
>> teleconferences, because most devolve into some variation of "We'll have
>> to ask Ian".
>
> I continue to be of the opinion that teleconferences and face-to-face
> meetings are a terrible use of people's time and that it would be
> significantly more effective for the group to work only asynchronously.
>
> (The social aspect of face-to-face meetings are useful; I would encourage
> people to organise infrequent but regular social events as I do think that
> would help improve community interaction. If anyone wants to volunteer to
> organise these, please go ahead!)
>
> --
> Ian Hickson               U+1047E                )\._.,--....,'``.    fL
> http://ln.hixie.ch/       U+263A                /,   _.. \   _\  ;`._ ,.
> Things that are impossible just take longer.   `._.-(,_..'--(,_..'`-.;.'

Ian, are you part of a team, or a one man show?

If you're part of the team, get with the team. If not, let's end all
pretense that this group is doing anything effective, and you can go
do your asynchronous HTML5 thing, and the W3C will begin fresh with a
different set of editors.

I'm not a chair, but that's my opinion.

Shelley