Re: <font color="blue"> (was ISSUE-32)

From: Joe D Williams <joedwil@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 12:57:19 -0700
To: "Sam Ruby" <rubys@intertwingly.net>, "Rob Sayre" <rsayre@mozilla.com>
Cc: "Shelley Powers" <shelley.just@gmail.com>, "Edward O'Connor" <hober0@gmail.com>, <public-html@w3.org>
- Sam Ruby >  ... I can certainly implement an XSLT stylesheet that
transforms fonts into the style element equivalent, so this is not a
showstopper for me.

This is a prime conceptfor HTML 5..

* Some stuff is out so not in the spec and so not expected to be
handled implementation independently in HTML 5.

* Others are out by obsolecence or by reasonable authoring best
practices and llint catchers but can be transformed easily in author
time using XLST. Those get a warning to fix on HTML 5 validation, but
are handled in HTML5 UAs.

* Finally, If no obsolete or non-existant
elements/attributes/structures are used it represents validated HTML
5.

Whatever, but I wanna have the official sticker that says my user code
is valid and complete HTML 5 with no exceptions and so runs everywhere
because that is what I want to bill for.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Joe