Re: <object> element - Global Attributes

From: Joe D Williams <joedwil@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 22:33:11 -0700
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "Michael A. Puls II" <shadow2531@gmail.com>
Cc: "Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@mit.edu>, "HTML WG" <public-html@w3.org>
Michael > And, if IE still requires classid,

To my memory, IE never required classid if you had a good MIME. I only
saw it as an agreement between plugin makers and authors. With calssid
if I wanted to target a specific plugin that might be present, because
maybe it did something better than another, then the plugins I was
dealing with all had a classid assigned for use in IE so I could do
what I wanted to there. Otherwise, the last installed or registered
for the MIME wins.
Thanks and Best Regards,
Joe