Re: Summary of Thursday's IRC conversation about @summary

From: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 10:16:29 +0300
Cc: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>, John Foliot <jfoliot@stanford.edu>, public-html@w3.org
To: Shelley Powers <shelleyp@burningbird.net>

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunk_cost_fallacy#Loss_aversion_and_the_sunk_cost_fallacy

> And now, a few people just want to yank it because "it's not being
> used right".

As far as I can tell, that's not the reason for wanting to yank it.
Instead, the reason is that having authors expend effort on an
accessibility feature that by and large doesn't work is a net loss for
Web accessibility due to the opportunity cost of the misplaced effort.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@iki.fi