Re: Design Principles, Section 1.6.1 relationship to HTML 4.01

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 07:55:12 -0400
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Ian Hickson wrote:
> On Sun, 31 May 2009, Laura Carlson wrote:
>> Principles that use wishy-washy rhetoric are not principles at all. They
>> are judgment calls, completely subjective to the personal opinion of the
>> person invoking the principle or authoring the spec.
>
> Welcome to language design.

Ian, in an attempt to make the conversation more productive: I take your
answer as basic agreement with Laura that the current Design Principles
document does not meet the goals stated in the Introduction of that
document, as the goals it sets for itself are basically unattainable.

Is this what you wish to convey?  If not, can you clarify what you do mean?

- Sam Ruby