Re: Content sniffing, feed readers, etc. (was HTML interpreter vs. HTML user agent)

From: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 12:18:43 +0200
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
CC: Larry Masinter <masinter@adobe.com>, Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
Ian Hickson wrote:
> I guess I could point to the I-D, but that seems like something that is
> normally frowned upon. If that is the preferred method of operating,
> though, I guess I can do that. Are I-D URLs permanent? I was under the
> impression that I-Ds expired.

The URLs are permanent in that they do not change; but expired I-Ds go
away (you get a 404).

You can refer to an I-D as "Work in Progress", but will have to prepare
the reference when the I-D is revised (which is a good thing, btw...).

BR, Julian