Re: ACTION-128: Draft @summary voting text in conjunction with PF

Steven Faulkner wrote:
> Hi maciej,
> I am concerned that if the current wording of the spec is accepted we
> have a situation where one W3C specification - WCAG 2.0  encourages the
> use of the summary attribute, while the W3C html 5 specification
> discourages it.

I've done a quick search, I can't find the text you mentioned:

$ curl -s http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/ | grep summary | wc -l
0

> For my part, if the HTML WG and WAI could reach a mutual stance on this,
> then consensus within the HTML WG would have a better chance of being
> reached without the need for a vote.

+1

I will note that I would not consider it to be a problem if HTML 5 were
consistent with the future direction WCAG 2.0 successors are intending
to take, as opposed to what might be stated today.  I mean that in the
same sense that HTML 5 has a (select few, intentional) differences from
HTML 4.

> regards
> stevef

- Sam Ruby