Re: HTML is a declarative mark-up language

From: Murray Maloney <murray@muzmo.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2009 19:55:12 -0500
To: Robert J Burns <rob@robburns.com>
Cc: Murray Maloney <murray@muzmo.com>, Patrick H Lauke <splintered@gmail.com>,Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

At 06:27 PM 1/30/2009 -0600, Robert J Burns wrote:
I am supporting the view that <a name="..."> should be in the spec,
listed as deprecated, and linked to the recommended syntax.
The name attribute should be included in the syntax production
to satisfy a requirement for processing of legacy web documents.

If there is not an existing issue related to this, I suggest that you raise
one.
The Working Group can then conduct a reasoned discussion under the
guidance of our esteemed chairs.