Re: ACTION-95, ISSUE-65: Plan to publish a new WD of HTML-5

From: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:42:41 -0500
Cc: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>
To: David Singer <singer@apple.com>, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>

Le 29 janv. 2009 à 11:28, David Singer a écrit :
> I didn't say "all others", perhaps it should have been "some
> others" (more than just Haakon).  Were you responding thinking I
> said "all others"?  I'm sorry if it was unclear...

Thanks for clarifying.

Le 29 janv. 2009 à 11:33, Boris Zbarsky a écrit :
> I appreciate your position on the spec as it stands, but it's not
> clear to me from your mail whether you actually disagree with the
> above opinion.  As far as I can tell you support three separate
> normative non-overlapping specifications, not multiple normative
> specifications covering the same ground.

1. Having been involved in the QA Framework: Specification Guidelines,
my ideal scenario would be separate normative non-overlapping
specifications, but indeed some people are not ready to give up the
HTML 5 Markup part of the HTML 5 original document.

2. About the First Public Working Draft, A working draft is a draft,
has a lot of issues, conflicts, etc. It's normal. It is also an
attempt to see if we can organize in a different way the technology.
I might be wrong but the reactions I read from people being afraid of
having normative statements in HTML 5 Markup document seems to be fear
of losing control on HTML 5 original spec.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/qaframe-spec/