Re: ACTION-95, ISSUE-65: Plan to publish a new WD of HTML-5

Karl Dubost wrote:
> Le 29 janv. 2009 à 10:55, David Singer a écrit :
>> This is an opinion shared by others on this list.
>
> No please.
> Murray is part of the list and has a different opinions. Many people
> have very divergent opinions.

Karl, did you read an "all" into what David said?

As far as I can tell, all he's saying is that he's not alone in having
the opinion that having two normative specifications covering the same
ground would be a significant source of problems.

This is empirically a true statement.  For example, Hakon has the same
opinion.  I happen to as well, though I haven't said anything on the
topic so far.

Now it might be that we're all wrong, of course.  But the claim that
David's not alone in holding this opinion holds.

I appreciate your position on the spec as it stands, but it's not clear
to me from your mail whether you actually disagree with the above
opinion.  As far as I can tell you support three separate normative
non-overlapping specifications, not multiple normative specifications
covering the same ground.

-Boris