Re: biased surveys and other tricks

From: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 22:11:32 +0000 (UTC)
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@gbiv.com>
Cc: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009, Roy T. Fielding wrote:

> HTML is a declarative mark-up language, first and foremost, and should
> be defined as such even if the behavioral aspects triggered by rendering
> cause the DOM to be modified on the fly.  There is considerable value in
> defining what is valid HTML for both what-goes-over-the-wire and what
> gets rendered on a browser.

You've said this before, but you never replied to the last e-mail I sent
on the thread trying to work out what made you believe this:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Nov/0420.html

Without understanding where you're coming from, it's hard to understand
your position. I really _would_ like to understand why you believe this;
if I understood that, maybe I would agree with you. Currently, I do not.