Microsoft's cross-document messaging and DOM Storage tests published

From: Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 14:00:05 -0800
To: public-html <public-html@w3.org>

This afternoon we released Release Candidate 1 of Internet Explorer 8 (http://www.microsoft.com/ie8/). We've also published the tests that we've developed to validate IE8's interpretation of the web standards. Amongst these, we are releasing 43 tests that we have developed for testing HTML 5; 13 cross-document messaging tests and 30 DOM Storage tests.

The Windows Internet Explorer Testing Center is online at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=110283.

We'd like to contribute these tests to the working group. I know there were some initial discussions about a testing framework at TPAC but I haven't seen anything since. Suggestions about how we can submit these tests in a way that allows other members to add to them would be helpful.

We'd welcome any other feedback you have about the tests.

--
Adrian Bateman
Program Manager - Internet Explorer - Microsoft Corporation