Re: autocomplete on form

Lachlan Hunt wrote:
> Ian Hickson wrote:
>>> 0.0009    Attribute �autocomplete� not allowed on element �form� at
>>> this point.
>>
>> That's very rare. I've removed the XXX in the spec saying we might add
>> this. (IE supports it.)
>
> <form autocomplete="off"> seems to be supported by Firefox as well.
>
> It's used by several major Australian banking sites that I checked.

In addition to the Australian banks I listed, I went through a bunch of
Norwegian banks and found that many of them also seem to rely on this.

https://www.dnbnor.no/
https://secure.skandiabanken.no/SKCert/GIBCert/Login.aspx
https://www.banknorwegian.no/Pages/NettbankLogginn.aspx
https://ya.no/portal/
https://www.terra.as/bsl/do/slogin/Run?n_bank=9615
https://nettbanken.nordea.no/login/login/solo/login
https://www.postbanken.no/

There were a few others as well, but they all either used
autocomplete="off" on the input elements in addition to using it on the
form element, or didn't use autocomplete at all.

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/