Re: autocomplete on form (was: Comparing conformance requirements against real-world docs)

Ian Hickson wrote:
>> 0.0009 Attribute �autocomplete� not allowed on element �form� at this point.
>
> That's very rare. I've removed the XXX in the spec saying we might add
> this. (IE supports it.)

<form autocomplete="off"> seems to be supported by Firefox as well.

It's used by several major Australian banking sites that I checked.

These are 3 of the largest banks in Australia and their online banking
login pages:

Commonwealth Bank
(This is the largest bank in Australia)
https://www3.netbank.commbank.com.au/netbank/bankmain
* Uses autocomplete on <form> element only

National Australia Bank
https://ib.nab.com.au/nabib/index.jsp
* Uses autocomplete on both <form> and <input> elements

Westpac
https://online.westpac.com.au/esis/Login/SrvPage
* Uses autocomplete on both <form> and <input> elements

These are some of the smaller credit unions in Australia that use
autocomplete on <form> only:

Labratories Credit Union
https://www.netteller.com.au/802841v45/ntv45.asp?wci=entry

Cuscal and Abacus
https://interact.cu.net.au/

Big Sky
https://ib.bigsky.net.au/secure/ebank.jsp?main=login.jsp

There's a big list of Australian credit union websites listed here.  I
only checked a random sample, but many of them do seem to use
autocomplete on form rather than on input elements.
http://www.abacus.org.au/credit_unions/find/cuwebs.html

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/