Re: ISSUE-54: doctype-legacy-compat

------
>> I think you mean <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC ""> as what you mention triggers
>> quirks mode in e.g. Firefox and is not well-formed XML.
>
> I think that we are talking about DOCTYPE for HTML serialization only,
> so there is no reason to stay inside boards of XML wellformdness.
-------

Probably I wasn't clear enough, sorry about that. My point is that there
is no problem with

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "">

because it is not XML well-formed as there is no need for DOCTYPE in XML
serialization of HTML5. For HTML serialization we can use anything which
switches standards mode in the current browsers and can be produced by
existing tools (including XSLT).