Re: Need differentiator between "no alt text provided" and "no alt text necessary"

On Thu, 2009-02-12 at 09:40 +0000, Steven Faulkner wrote:
> Hi Dan,
> The PF is currently discussing the alt issues in conjunction with WAI
> CG, I suggest that until the outcome of these discussions is
> submitted to the HTML WG the issue should remain open.
>
> I will ask Janina to provide advice to you and HTML WG chairs on this.

Hmm... this thread started, on 2 Feb, with James
Craig saying "This is the tail end of a thread from the PFWG."
So I thought perhaps we had an opportunity for collaboration
between the groups with a latency of less than a week or two.

If I don't hear anything from the PF WG by the time
Sam send the agenda for this tomorrow's teleconference,
I suppose we should postpone discussion to next week; that
would be a shame; I thought we were so close.

ISSUE-31 (missing-alt): What to do when a reasonable text equivalent is
unknown/unavailable?

      * ACTION-98 on Gregory Rosmaita: Discuss missing-alt with the WAI
        CG and report back - due 2009-02-18 - pending review

 -- http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/agenda

I changed the due date from 19 Feb to 18 Feb in order to make
clear that things to be discussed on Thursday should be available
to public-html on Weds when the agenda goes out.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E