Re: What's the problem? "Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong"

On Feb 17, 2009, at 17:34 , Philip TAYLOR wrote:
> Robin Berjon wrote:
>> I would therefore recommend that:
>> - this WG simply ignore the issue;
>> - that the team kindly remind the XHTML2 WG that it is expected to
>> stick to its charter, doubly so in politically charged areas;
>> - if no change happens, that this be dealt with at the AC level
>> with easily justified formal objections at the next transition
>> request for XHTML2.
>
> Am I alone in finding this inter-WG squabbling both petty and
> irritating ?

No, I do too, which is why I propose the above course of action that
at least turns to polite indifference.

> /If/ there is a problem caused by a conflict between the draft
> specifications
> of this WG and the XHTML2 WG, then surely the first step should be a
> friendly
> note from one or both of our co-Chairmen to his or her opposite
> number(s) in
> the XHTML2 WG, explaining the problem (as perceived by this WG) and
> asking
> if (a) the XHTML2 WG are aware of the problem, and (b) how they
> propose
> that it best be addressed.

My understanding was that the problem was already raised but not
fixed, am I wrong? I don't have access to the Hypertext CG (which
would be the proper forum for this interaction) to check.

--
Robin Berjon - http://berjon.com/