Re: What's the problem? "Reuse of 1998 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong"

Robin Berjon wrote:

> I would therefore recommend that:
>
>  - this WG simply ignore the issue;
>  - that the team kindly remind the XHTML2 WG that it is expected to
> stick to its charter, doubly so in politically charged areas;
>  - if no change happens, that this be dealt with at the AC level with
> easily justified formal objections at the next transition request for
> XHTML2.

Am I alone in finding this inter-WG squabbling both petty and irritating ?
/If/ there is a problem caused by a conflict between the draft specifications
of this WG and the XHTML2 WG, then surely the first step should be a friendly
note from one or both of our co-Chairmen to his or her opposite number(s) in
the XHTML2 WG, explaining the problem (as perceived by this WG) and asking
if (a) the XHTML2 WG are aware of the problem, and (b) how they propose
that it best be addressed.

Philip TAYLOR