RE: simple shorthand syntax proposal

From: Dailey, David P. <david.dailey@sru.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 17:39:28 -0500
To: "Alexey Feldgendler" <alexeyf@opera.com>, <public-html@w3.org>

Alexey Feldgendler wrote:

>When time comes to develop HTML6, exactly the same argument will be valid,
>and exactly the same considerations would lead to it being kept in mind
>for HTML7. Therefore, the only two reasonable choices are now or never.

Ahh, but by that time the plot to commandeer the committee procedures ([1],[2], [3]) will have succeeded and we on the correct side of issues will finally have our way! Now or later; in the long run, either will suffice.

David (who was in the middle of typing this as Ian H's comment about reopening the discussion of Design Principles arrived --  it was just a coincidence, really!)

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2008Nov/0026.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/1667.html
[3] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Apr/0189.html