Re: Design principles - building from justification

Ian Hickson wrote:

> This is indeed the way the spec has been written. One could call this
> "building from justification". I would quite like this to be added to the
> design principles, if we are to reopen that discussion.

I think that "building from justification" is an excellent
basis for language design.  The only problem I have with
this in relation to HTML 5 is that I am unaware how to
locate the justification adduced for each element and
each attribute that currently appears in the HTML 5
draft specification, short of reading through the
entire WHATWG and Public-HTML correspondence to date.

Ian, you have (I think) been involved in this project
from the very outset : could you please let me (and
any other members of this WG who are similarly ill-
informed) know where this vital information may be
found ?

Philip TAYLOR