Re: Style sheet for W3C version of the spec

From: Robert J Burns <rob@robburns.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2009 23:31:19 -0600
Cc: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>, HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>, "Jacobs B. Ian" <ij@w3.org>
To: Karl Dubost <karl+w3c@la-grange.net>
Hi Karl,

On Feb 4, 2009, at 11:20 PM, Karl Dubost wrote:

> Le 5 févr. 2009 à 00:04, Cameron McCormack a écrit :
>> Perhaps a W3C staff member could assure Ian that using
>> /StyleSheets/TR/W3C-ED plus local changes would be acceptable?
>
> My bad, when  I was still W3C staff Ian Jacobs, Head of
> communications, authorized me to commit this CSS to the W3C ones.
> But I have forgotten to do so.
> If Ian Jacobs wants to do it, that would be cool.
>
> CSS file
> http://www.la-grange.net/2009/02/04/w3c-tr.css
> Rendering
> http://www.la-grange.net/2009/02/04/w3c-spec-css.png

I wonder if we could get some suitable audible/speech CSS to accompany
the visual presentation. Especially if this is to go into a W3C
stylesheet setting a good example would be best. Obviously the before:
and after: selectors help with that, but some voice, stress, and
volume differences would be good too. I don't have the level of
expertise with this to suggest specifics, but maybe others here do.

Take care,
Rob

PS, I  also thought somewhere someone said something about 'dfn'
elements not styled correctly, but that might have been regarding
something else and not W3C.