Re: reasonable length of time before bugs in bugzilla database are addressed

From: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 11:41:36 -0600
To: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com> wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2009, at 9:25 AM, Shelley Powers wrote:
>
>> There are several bugs in the Bugzilla database that have had no
>> response in several weeks.
>>
>> The Change Process doesn't have anything related to bugs that haven't
>> had a response. Would it reasonable to expect that if a bug has not
>> had any response within two months, that the bug filer can ask that
>> the bug be promoted to an issue?
>
> We have a bit of a bug backlog right now, due to TPAC, Ian being on vacation
> for a while, and Ian spending some time to update the WebApps specs that
> were split from HTML5 a while back.
>
> I have asked him to make a dent in some of the HTML5 bug backlog and he has
> started doing so. He also told me he believes he can spend the first week of
> January to process any bugs that are left, and get the list down to 0 at
> that time.
>
> This seems reasonable to me, given that there are hundreds of bugs to
> process.
>
> I would rather not have people raise tracker issues until we know there is
> actually a point of disagreement.
>
> Regards,
> Maciej

It seems to me that we're running into problems being dependent on one
editor. I realize this group was chartered for only one editor (well,
two, but the other vanished). It's foolish, though, to continue with
only one editor when we starting running into backlogs.

With Ian's commitments to so many specifications, we need to consider
starting off next year with a discussion about adding a couple of new
editors, to help ease the burden placed on one man.

Shelley