Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification

Leif Halvard Silli wrote:
> Philip Jägenstedt, Fri, 04 Dec 2009 01:36:45 +0100:
>
>> On Fri, 04 Dec 2009 00:19:43 +0100, Maciej Stachowiak:
>>
>>> On Dec 3, 2009, at 12:21 PM, James Graham wrote:
>>>
>> I doubt however that there are very many (any?) individuals who
>> see the two as equally good choices.
>>

> RDFa is mature and implemented. Even if microdata technically was as
> good as RDFa, it wouldn't automatically be a equally good choice.

It all depends on the context. But if the w3c wants the 'web of linked
data' to succeed at a faster pace they should go for a simple technology
which is part of a primary spec such as HTML5.
I'd rather use simple, less time consuming, technology than complex,
more time consuming, technology. Designers,Developers,Webmasters and
teachers will probably make that same choice.

The success of linked-data is all about widespread usage of annotated
data in projects authored by *people of all skill-levels*. If you think
about that, which technology suits best ?

- 2cents - tim