Re: ESW Wiki (was Re: ISSUE-76: Need feedback on splitting Microdata into separate specification)

Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>, 2009-12-02 15:31 -0600:

> It has been said that the ESW Wiki is no longer supported.

It is supported to the extent that existing content there will
continue to remain available, but its continued use for new
content is now discouraged.

> The A11y task force has gotten a new Wiki because of that. [2]
>
> Should this working group be concerned about losing our content that
> is housed in ESW?

No, there is no risk of use ever losing that the existing content.
For one thing, the URLs for content there have been published and
we will need to forever make the existing content available there
(probably in many cases with notes saying that it's been obsoleted
and pointing to content at the MediaWiki instance) or set up
automatic redirects for it to the MediaWiki instance.

> Are there plans to have a new Wiki instance for the HTML WG?

Yes, I will get one set up.

  --Mike

--
Michael(tm) Smith