Re: Bug 8404 -- taking it to the lists

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 9:56 AM, Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com> wrote:
> We're just now getting people to stop abusing HTML tables for layout,
> and now we want to encourage people to abuse HTML tables for
> illustration purposes?

Yes, because it's not abuse.  It's still tabular data.  Nothing about
data is data, whether for illustrative purposes or what-have-you.

Are you still suggesting that a better alternative is to screenshot
the table and insert the image into your page as a <figure> instead?
That is, in my opinion, ludicrous.  What would you put as the
alt-text?  What could possibly be a more appropriate description of
the table *than the table itself*?

~TJ