Re: Bug 8404 -- taking it to the lists

From: Steve Axthelm <steveax@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 10:33:36 -0800
To: Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com>
cc: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
On 2009-12-01 Shelley Powers <shelley.just@gmail.com> wrote:

>The figure element either should be pulled completely, in favor of the aside
>element, or it needs to have a tighter focus in its definition. It should
>consist of a graphic element, which could be an svg element, a mathml element,
>an img, an object, or, possibly, a video.

I disagree and really don't understand why you wish to restrict
authors. The members of this working group have an unusually
broad experience base, and yet there is _no_ way we can cover
all the ground that people using html5 will be covering.

Would this not be an appropriate figure?

<http://pangram.org/w3/nose-topo.png>

I would direct your attention to the "Rack" portion, which is
essentially a data table.

-Steve

--
Steve Axthelm