Re: URL decomposition attributes on <a>, confusingness of references

From: Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2009 22:25:30 -0300
To: Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Sun, Aug 30, 2009 at 5:22 PM, Ian Hickson<ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Aug 2009, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>>
>> However, the name collision between markup attributes and IDL
>> attributes. The spec should make sure to qualify as "IDL attribute" or
>> "markup attribute" wherever there is potential ambiguity.
>
> The terms I've used are "DOM attributes" and "content attributes". If
> there's a case where there is ambiguity and I haven't qualified the term,
> then please let me know.
>
> I've fixed the URL decomposition attributes so they are always referenced
> as DOM attributes.

For what it's worth, I've always found "DOM attribute" and "content
attribute" to be very ambiguous terms. I'm sure they are well defined
in the spec, however just reading the spec I'd have to look them up
basically every time.

The terms Maciej is proposing I think would be much more intuitive.

/ Jonas