Re: Proposal: <content> element

On Fri, 2009-08-28 at 10:19 +0100, Steven Faulkner wrote:
> 3. while currently role="contentinfo" does not have an authoring
> restriction like role="banner", i believe this is an oversight, and it
> should have.

I disagree. My homepage (link in sig) uses role="contentinfo" for three
distinct elements.

1. A list of tags for the primary content of the page.
2. A table of metadata (e.g. author, created date, modified date) for
the primary content of the page.
3. A footer containing a link to the CMS software that serves the page.

I think each of these matches the ARIA definition of "metadata that
applies to the parent document".

--
Toby A Inkster
<mailto:mail@tobyinkster.co.uk>