Re: question about ARIA in HTML 5 spec text - implied use on elements not listed

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:35:19 +0200, Steven Faulkner
<faulkner.steve@gmail.com> wrote:
> can you tell me whether the restrcitions you have placed on the use of
> ARIA
> roles, states and properties on html elements are for authoring
> conformance
> purposes only or are you expecting browser vendors to implement these
> restrictions as well?

The specification states they're just for authoring conformance purposes,
except for the elements that have an implied ARIA role; user agents are
expected to expose those. For all other cases user agents just have to
follow the ARIA specification.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/