Re: HTML 4.02

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 15:24:17 -0500
To: Toby Inkster <tai@g5n.co.uk>, Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>, Sam Ruby <rubys@us.ibm.com>
Cc: "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
Hi Toby,

Interesting proposal. Karl Dubost previously mentioned doing an html 4.2 or 4.5:

Karl wrote:
> Even before the WhatWG started, I had in mind that we should do an html 4.2 or
> 4.5, where we would be fixing simple mistakes which had been made about the
> html 4 specification. I was not in the right position to do that at the time.
> Mistake. It became a bit more complex. From the current html 5, I would remove
> all the pop-culturish markup (inherited from blog age).  Separate the DOM,
> remove all the APIs and put them in separate documents.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009May/0092.html

Toby, your proposal would seem to be along the same lines as Karl's
idea but a bit more ambitious.

Sam, would there be anything stopping the HTML WG from doing a  HTML
4.02,  4.2, or 4.5?

Thanks,

Best regards,
Laura