Re: ISSUE-54: doctype-legacy-compat - suggest closing on 2009-09-03

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 13:26:51 -0500
To: Julian Reschke <julian.reschke@gmx.de>
Cc: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "public-html@w3.org WG" <public-html@w3.org>
On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 08:03 +0200, Julian Reschke wrote:
[...]
> Right now, the document describing the "about" URI scheme is an
> individual submission on which work is progressing slowly. Neither the
> process of publication nor the process of scheme registration has really
> been started yet.
>
> Thus, it seems it would be better to either leave this issue open, or to
> create a new one for tracking the progress.

I asked in a recent teleconference if you saw any outstanding technical
issues that would, for example, be observable from a test case in
the scope of the HTML spec, and you said no (and I agree).
So I'm comfortable saying that this design issues is addressed.

I agree that we need to track the dependency on the registration;
I suggest using the "pending review" state in tracker for this;
i.e. record a WG decision to close this issue contingent
on registration of the scheme, and move issue-54 to
pending review state, with an action to report on the
progress of the registration that we review from time to time.

I think it's reasonable to go to last call with issues
in such a state.

gpg D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E