Re: <progress> element and attributes vs. content

Adrian Bateman wrote:
> On Friday, August 14, 2009 10:46 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Adrian Bateman<adrianba@microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>> I'm also concerned about how fragile the content parsing rules may turn
>>> out to be in practice.
>
>> This is anecdotal, but to me it appears that they're rather robust, at
>> least for English.
>
> I think this is my specific concern - how well does this work internationally?

The parsing algorithm only supports using the full stop as the decimal
separator.  People from regions that normally use the comma as the
decimal separator, and who wish to use that notation for fallback, need
to provide the value in the attributes.

So to represent the value 75,3%, they would have to use:

<progress value="0.753">75,3%</progress>

--
Lachlan Hunt - Opera Software
http://lachy.id.au/