Re: Recording teleconferences?

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 12:23:51 -0500
To: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Cc: HTML WG <public-html@w3.org>

Lachlan wrote:

> We will still have the minutes as usual, but the advantage of having a
> recording would be that they could be more easily revised later for
> accuracy.  I don't think it would be essential to have a word for word
> transcript though, but somewhere between that and the poor quality minutes
> we have today would be good.

As an aid to the scribe, a recording could be helpful after the fact
to repair minutes.

But if a full recording is offered to the public it is only equitable
to offer a full transcript for people who do not have the option to
listen.

If you're deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind you'll be locked out of
full content. The guidance therefore, according to the Web Content
Accessibility Guidelines, is to provide a transcript.

Best Regards,
Laura

--
Laura L. Carlson