ISSUE-11: - suggest closing on 2009-08-20

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 23:06:46 -0700
To: HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>
Cc: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, addison@yahoo-inc.com

Sam Ruby and Dan Connolly asked me to resend my proposed issue
closures in individual emails, with clear subject lines, and Cc'd to
the issue originator when possible. Apologies for the spam. If there
are no objections, I will close this issue on 2009-08-20.

There has been little discussion since the issue is raised. For
compatibility reasons, it is not practical to make UTF-8 the default
encoding for HTML5 - I believe no implementor of browsers or other
influential HTML consumers would be willing to make that change.
Therefore I propose we close ISSUE-11 in favor of the current spec text.

The default is defined at <http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#determining-the-character-encoding
 >, step #7.

Regards,
Maciej