Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing: how similar should SMIL and <video> attribute names be?

From: Sam Ruby <rubys@intertwingly.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 18:43:51 -0400
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, Dick.Bulterman@cwi.nl, ehyche@real.com, Olivier GENDRIN <olivier.gendrin@gmail.com>, HTMLWG WG <public-html@w3.org>, www-smil@w3.org
Dan Connolly wrote:
> Taking silence as assent on this sort of thing is
> tricky... I'm checking internally with the W3C staff,
> but one thing I've forgotten to do in some other
> cases is also check directly with the chairs and WGs.

The real issue is that this (as well as other) issues have sat dormant
with no forward progress for a long period of time.

> Dick, Eric, would you please
> (a) acknowledge receipt,
> (b) let us know whether the SMIL WG is OK with this?
>
> If you can't do them both in a few days, please do
> (a) and estimate when you can do (b).

That's exactly what we need.  If this request attracts an owner and a
schedule to either close the issue or to identify tangible changes that
need to be taken to HTML5, then the issue will remain open.

- Sam Ruby