Re: ISSUE-10: suggest closing

On Aug 11, 2009, at 2:26 AM, Olivier GENDRIN wrote:

> (+cc www-smil)
>
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 7:23 AM, Maciej Stachowiak<mjs@apple.com>
> wrote:
>> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/10
>>
>> Since this issue was raised, there has not been significant
>> interest in
>> changing the attribute names on <video> and <audio> to match SMIL
>> elements.
>> I suggest we close this issue. Anyone who wants to make a technical
>> case for
>> changing one or more of the attributes would remain free to do so.
>
> Did we recieved any advice from the smil team about this ?

We had this input from the SYMM WG on December, 2007: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Dec/0219.html

This linked to a detailed comparison, but there was apparently little
interest in changing HTML5 <video> to be more like SMIL, since the
message received no replies and there was no follow-up.

Regards,
Maciej